Churches in Sheikhupura, Pakistan
Get connected to a church in your city.
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit: Three in One
The doctrine of the Trinity teaches that there is one God in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are equal in power and glory, yet they are distinct from each other. They are not three Gods, but one God in three persons. This doctrine was formulated over time as Church leaders studied the Bible and came to a better understanding of God’s nature.
One of the reasons the Trinity is so confusing is because it’s difficult to understand how three can be one. But as C.S. Lewis said, “to be very much surprised that three should make one is to be guilty of what I think the silliest of all silly thoughts, like expecting a family to get on better after it has exchanged children.” (Lewis 1960).
Jesus Christ: Our Living Hope
Who is Jesus Christ? This is a question that has been asked throughout history, and the answer is not always clear. Some people say that Jesus was a great teacher or prophet, but He was much more than that. Jesus is the Son of God, and He came to Earth to die for our sins. When we believe in Him and accept Him as our Savior, we are forgiven and have eternal life.
Jesus is our Living Hope. When we believe in Him, we have a relationship with God and can receive His grace. We then have the ability to pass that grace on to others through acts of service and love. Everyone is loved by God, but only those who believe in Jesus will ever know what it means to truly be loved by Him.
Find a Church in Sheikhupura, Pakistan
The Church is described as “the plan of God” (Ephesians 1:11) and the “pillar and foundation of truth” (1 Timothy 3:15). Churches in Sheikhupura are places that worship, celebrate life events, encourage one another in faith, care for those in need, and do good to others. They are a brother or sister community to everyone in them. Churches in Sheikhupura exist because they realize that we are all human beings, and we need each other in order to be complete. Churches work together with God’s help to build a community that can love and serve Christ together. Find a church near Sheikhupura, Pakistan today!
Check out churches in Pakistan and find a church in your city! Other cities we serve: Karachi | Gujranwala | Khanewal | Dera Ismali Khan | Turbat | Muzaffargarh
Baptism: A Step of Faith
Jesus entrusted the ministry of baptism to His Church. Through baptism, we identify with Christ and become members of the Church (Acts 2:41-47). Churches in Sheikhupura teach about the importance of baptism and encourage believers to follow Christ’s example. Churches believe that baptism is a step of faith, and we remember when we were baptized by submerging ourselves into the water (Romans 6:3-4).
We Want You to Experience Life to the Fullest
Prayer: A Powerful Weapon
Prayer has the power to change us and take us beyond our limits. Prayer is showing God that we want to be His child, and it’s through prayer that we connect with God (Romans 10:9-10). The Bible reminds you that regardless of your circumstances, God will always hear you when you pray. Churches in Sheikhupura teach about the importance of prayer and encourage members to pray together so they can support one another in times of need.
There are different types of prayer. Some of the most common types of prayer are praise and worship, confession, thanksgiving, petition, and intercession.
Praise and Worship:
When we offer praise and worship to God, we are saying that He is worthy of all glory and honor. We are also acknowledging that He is our Creator and Redeemer.
We all make mistakes, but through confession, we can be forgiven. When we confess our sins to God, we are admitting that we are not perfect and need His help.
Gratitude is an important part of worship, and Churches in Sheikhupura teach about the importance of being thankful for all that God has given us. Churches offer thanksgiving prayers during services to remind us that everything we have is a gift from God.
Petition is asking God for our needs to be met.
The Bible: The Foundation of Faith
The Bible is the foundation of faith for Christians. It is a collection of 66 books that tells the story of humanity from beginning to end. The Bible is God’s Word, and it is perfect and true.
The Bible is the infallible Word of God. It is perfect and true, and it is the foundation of faith for Christians.
There are different ways to read the Bible. Some people prefer to read it straight through from beginning to end, while others like to read it in topical or chronological order.
Reading the Bible can be a daunting task, but there are a few tips that can make it easier. Here are a few tips to get you started:
– Start with the Gospels. The Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) are the first four books of the New Testament and tell the story of Jesus Christ. They are a good place to start because they are easy to read and provide an overview of Jesus’ life and teachings.
– Read the Bible every day. This may seem like a lot, but if you read just a few verses each day, you will gradually read through the entire Bible.
– Find a Bible reading plan that works for you. There are many different Bible reading plans available online. Some plans only read a few chapters each day, while others ask you to read through the entire Bible in just a couple of years. You can choose a plan that fits your schedule and reading abilities.
– Don’t feel discouraged if you don’t understand everything you’re reading. It takes time to develop a good understanding of the Bible.
The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. The Holy Spirit is God’s presence in our lives, always striving to lead us closer to Jesus Christ. Through Him that we can renew our minds and experience the power to live as Jesus taught (Romans 8:1-2).
The Bible speaks a lot about the Holy Spirit. Here are a few verses to help you get started:
– “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” (John 14:26)
– “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever.” (John 14:16)
– “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” (John 14:26)