Churches in Calbayog, Philippines
Get connected to a church in your city.
Jesus: The One Who Gave It All
The Bible tells us that Jesus gave his life for our sins. But what does that mean? Let’s break it down.
– On the night of His arrest, Jesus was betrayed by one of His followers and arrested by Roman soldiers. He was beaten, whipped, and forced to carry a heavy cross through the streets of Jerusalem to a place called Golgotha where He was executed on a cross as punishment for crimes against Rome (and humanity).
– For Christians, this is not just an event in history: It represents victory over death and sin because Christ conquered both with His sacrifice. This means we can have eternal life if we believe in Him! And because God loved us so much He sent Jesus as our savior there is nothing we can do to earn His love or our salvation. It is a gift!
– All we have to do is repent (turn from our sin) and ask God to forgive us. When we do this, we are acknowledging that Jesus is Lord and Savior and asking Him to come into our lives.
We Want You to Experience Life to the Fullest
Becoming A Follower of Christ
What does it mean to be a Christian? A Christian is someone who has put their faith in Jesus Christ as their savior. This means you believe He died on the cross for your sins, was raised from the dead, and now sits at the right hand of God the Father in Heaven.
Christianity isn’t about religion or being perfect. It’s about having a relationship with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.
When you become a Christian, the Holy Spirit comes to live inside of you and He is with you always. He will give you the strength to obey God and to follow Jesus.
Becoming a Christian is the best decision you will ever make! If you have questions or want to know more about what it means to be a Christian, we would love to talk with you.
Find a Church in Calbayog, Philippines
The Churches in Calbayog are a place where people can come together to worship God and learn more about Him. Churches play an important role in the life of Christians, who see them as a family away from home. Churches are also an important part of society because they help foster community involvement and support missions around the world. Churches provide many different opportunities for fellowship with other believers such as Bible studies, prayer meetings, Sunday school classes, Christian education programs for children and adults, various small groups (including discipleship), etc.
One of the best things about being part of a church family is that you have access to all these different types of programming! This allows you to find what interests you and grow in your faith in a way that is best for you.
Churches also play an important role in evangelism, which is the sharing of the good news about Jesus Christ with people who do not yet know Him. The churches in Calbayog offer a variety of resources to help equip Christians to share their faith effectively. Find a church near Calbayog, Philippines today!
Prayer: Talking to God
Prayer is simply talking to God. It is a way for us to express our thoughts and feelings to Him. Prayer is an important part of the Christian life because it allows us to build our relationship with God.
When we pray, we should always start by thanking God for His many blessings in our lives. We should also express any concerns or needs we have to Him. And finally, we should spend time praising and worshiping God for who He is.
– 1 Thessalonians 5:17 “Pray without ceasing.”
The Bible: The Foundation for Our Faith
The Bible is the foundation for our faith because it is the Word of God. It is where we find out who God is, what He has done for us, and what He expects from us. The Bible is also our guidebook for life, telling us how we can live in a way that pleases God.
– 2 Timothy 3:16 “All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness.”
Baptism: A Public Declaration of Faith
Baptism is an important step of obedience for Christians. It is a public declaration of faith in Jesus Christ. When we are baptized, we are identifying ourselves with His death, burial, and resurrection. This act shows that we have turned from our old life of sin and are now living for Christ.
– Romans 6:4 “We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.”
Kindness Towards Others
One of the most important aspects of Christianity is kindness. Jesus was the kindest person who ever lived, and He commanded His followers to be kind as well.
Being kind is more than just being polite. It is about putting the needs of others before our own. It is about forgiving others, even when they do not deserve it. And it is about doing good to those who are unkind to us.
The Bible says: “Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone” (Romans 12:17-18).
When we are kind to others, we are showing them the love of Jesus. And when people see His love in us, it can lead them to Him.
The Importance of Discipleship
Discipleship is the process of following Jesus and learning from Him. It is about living like He lived and doing what He did.
As disciples of Christ, we are called to share the gospel with others and to make disciples of all nations. We are also called to live holy lives that reflect His righteousness.
The best way to grow in our discipleship is to be part of a discipleship group. These groups meet regularly to study the Bible, pray, and encourage one another.
If you are not currently part of a discipleship group, we encourage you to find one and get involved. The churches in Calbayog offer a variety of options for you to choose from.
– Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”