Churches in Aurangabad, India
Get connected to a church in your city.
Find a Church in Aurangabad, India
The Church can be a confusing word because it has multiple meanings. Sometimes it refers to the building we go to on Sundays, and sometimes it refers to the people of God. In the New Testament, the church is always used in the second sense – the people of God. In fact, the word “church” doesn’t appear in the Bible until the book of Acts, when it’s first used to describe the group of people who followed Jesus.
So what is the church? Simply put, the church is a community of believers who come together to follow Jesus. This means we need each other to grow in our faith. We need each other to support and encourage one another, and we need each other to help spread the good news of Jesus. Churches are the “one body” made up of many different people – young and old, men and women, rich and poor, educated and uneducated.
Once we understand that we’re all part of the one body called the church, it’s easy to see why our first priority as followers should be to connect with a local church. Churches in Aurangabad are made up of people just like you who have been saved by Jesus, and who want to grow in their faith together. Churches in Aurangabad come with a variety of ministries that have been established for us as followers – from Bible studies to small groups, from children’s ministry to senior adult ministry – all these different ways we can connect with others and grow as Christ-followers. Find a church near Aurangabad, India, today!
Check out churches in India and find a church in your city! Other cities we serve: Mumbai | Patna | Berhampur | Muzaffarpur | Ahmednagar | Mathura
Who is Jesus?
Who is Jesus? This is a question that has been asked by people for centuries. And while there are many different answers, the Bible is clear about who Jesus is. In fact, Jesus Himself said “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
So who is Jesus? He is the way to God, the truth about God, and the life that we all need. He is our Savior, who died on the cross for our sins so that we could be forgiven and have eternal life. Jesus is also our friend, who loves us and wants us to come to Him. He knows what we’re going through and can help us through everything we go through – if we trust in Him.
What Does Following Jesus Look Like?
Following Jesus isn’t a checklist of things to do. In fact, Christians don’t follow a “list” of rules, but they follow a person. To be a Christian means that when God calls us into His kingdom, He doesn’t leave us alone, but instead He makes the Holy Spirit a part of our lives. This means we can’t follow Jesus without having the Holy Spirit guiding and directing our lives every day.
When you become followers of Jesus, you also become His disciples – like when Peter followed Jesus for 3 years before he became an Apostle (John 1:40-42). Even though we may not be the same disciples that Peter was, our calling remains the same – to love God and others with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength. This is what it means to follow Jesus!
Who is the Holy Spirit?
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, and He is just as important as God the Father and Jesus Christ. He is often called the “Spirit of God” or the “Spirit of Christ,” and He is the one who helps us to follow Jesus. The Holy Spirit lives in each Christian, and He guides and directs our lives according to God’s will. He also helps us to understand the Bible and to pray effectively.
The Holy Spirit was present at Pentecost when He came down on the disciples like tongues of fire (Acts 2:1-4). This was a sign that the Holy Spirit had come to stay with them, and would be with them always. The Holy Spirit also comes to live inside us when we become Christians, and He helps us grow as followers of Jesus.
Importance of Prayer: How to Pray
Prayer is an important part of the Christian life. It’s not just about talking to God but also listening to Him. Prayer doesn’t have to be complicated either – all you really need are “Yes” and “Amen.”
There are many different types of prayer, but here are some of the most common ones:
1. Prayer of Praise: This is when we give thanks to God for all the good things He’s done for us. We can praise Him for His love, mercy, forgiveness, and all the other ways He’s shown us His grace.
2. Prayer of Petition: This is when we ask God for help with something we need. We can pray for ourselves, our loved ones, or others who are in need.
3. Prayer of Intercession: This is when we pray for others – either those who are sick, those who are in trouble, or even people who don’t know Jesus yet.
4. Prayer of Thanksgiving: This is when we thank God for another thing He’s done for us – like how He answered our prayer, helped someone who was in need, or something else that happened that day.
5. Prayer of Supplication: This is when we ask God for something specific that we really need. Sometimes it can be scary to ask God for something – especially if it’s for ourselves! But even though prayer can be scary, it is also very humbling because it shows God that we trust Him and believe He loves us.
6. Prayer of Consecration: This is when we dedicate our lives to living as much like Jesus as possible, whether that means asking Him to help us with a bad habit, something we struggle with, or asking for His help when we’re tempted to do something wrong.
7. Prayer of Intercession – This is when we pray for others who need God’s love and mercy in their lives.
8. Prayer of Petition – This is when we ask God for what we need most.
What is Faith?
Love, trust, and faith are all closely related to each other – especially when it comes to following Jesus. Faith means believing in something you can’t see or touch, usually because it’s bigger than us or has more power than we do.
Romans 10:17 “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”